Welcome to the Katsu 22 instructional page! We’re thrilled that to have you as one of our newest at home chefs and can’t wait to get cooking.
Don’t worry, we’re more than happy to take you step by step helping you create tonight’s masterpiece.
The in the video below Chef Jon will walk you through each step of the process. Additionally we have a set of directions to help as well!
1. Remove pork loin from packaging, season well and set aside.
2. Drop steamed rice in a small pot with water on medium heat.
3. Use three bowls for flour, whisked eggs, and panko into the third.
4. Fill frying pan with enough oil to submerge pork when frying.
5. Heat the oil on medium heat until panko sizzles immediately.
6. Lightly coat the pork with flour first, then egg mix, and finally panko.
7. Don’t NOT press the panko into the pork. Use a light touch only!
8. Deep fry the pork for about 10-12 mins until panko is golden brown. Remove from oil and allow to rest on a drying rack.
9. While resting the katsu, remove rice bag from the water, and add salt.
10. Place choy sum in the water for 2-3 minutes.
11. Now slice pork and place on top of the shredded cabbage. We recommend adding all other pickles and sides into separate bowls.
12. Enjoy with the tonkatsu and sesame miso sauce however you like.